DEFINITIONS USED IN THIS DOCUMENT
Personal Information means information that may be used to identify a specific individual, or that is about an identifiable individual, including but not limited to name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, bank account numbers and balances, and social security number.
Aggregate Information refers to combined demographic information which has been derived from Personal Information, but which cannot be reasonably used to identify any individual.
Transaction Information includes certain information about a transaction conducted on through our Site, including all purchases, shipping information, billing and payment information, and other information you may provide in connection with a transaction as required by parties to the transaction or by law. Mobile Phone Subscriber Information may include, without limitation, a user’s name, date of birth, postal address, billing zip code, telephone numbers, electronic mail addresses, credit card numbers, Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI), location information, handset and mobile device identifiers (International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI) and International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI)), and other status details, if available, such as account information and credit information.
Affiliates are companies related by common ownership or control, which may include financial or non-financial companies. Non-Affiliates are companies not related by common ownership or control.
Joint Marketing Partners refers to Non-Affiliate companies that have a formal agreement with us to jointly market financial or other products or services to you. We do not have any Joint Marketing Partners.
I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ON THE SITE AND HOW WE USE IT
You can visit our Web Site and learn about the services we provide without providing Personal Information. You do need to provide Personal Information, however, to use our services. Certain items of non-personally identifiable information, such as IP address, are collected automatically from every Site visitor, even if not voluntarily provided, as discussed further below.
We collect and use Personal Information in the specific ways listed below, and generally to improve our Site and services to you, as well as to meet our legal obligations. We also use Personal Information you provide for other purposes consistent with the reason you provide such information to us. For example, we may collect certain Personal Information that you provide through correspondence, customer service requests, or dispute resolution activities.
1. Registration and Site Activity Information.
The Site does now or may in the future, the account registration process may require users to provide us valid and accurate contact information including full name, email address, a user name of your choosing, and a password (collectively, “Registration Information”).
In the event we require registration, we will verify your eligibility for an account in your individual capacity. We will verify your account registration information through a third- party identity verification service provider. This is done if you are an individual user or represent a business user to verify your identity and prevent fraud. Our third party identity verification provider may use your Mobile Phone Subscriber Data, as defined above, from your mobile carrier (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon, or any other branded wireless carrier) to verify your identity and provide Lone Survivalist your mailing address, your Social Security Number (SSN) and a “Trust Score”. Lone Survivalist will not store your full SSN, only the last 4 digits. The “Trust Score” is a measure of the degree of confidence that you are a real person associated with the address you provided, and it does not relate to your credit or payment history.
Pre-Fill Form Option: Should we require registration and identity verification using your Mobile Phone Subscriber Data, it will likely include a Pre-Fill Form Option for us to use to expedite verifying your identity by using information verified by our third party identify verification provider. The Pre-Fill Form Option will require you to answer a question by submitting your mobile phone billing zip code. It also will require you to provide us your express opt-in consent by clicking on the “OK” button on the consent page.
Should registration be required and identify verification be necessary, you will be required to authorize your wireless operator to disclose your mobile number, name, address, email, network status, customer type, customer role, billing type, mobile device identifiers (IMSI and IMEI) and other subscriber details, if available, to Lone Survivalist and service providers for the duration of the business relationship, solely for identity verification and fraud avoidance. If your registration is required and you prefer that Lone Survivalist not use a third-party provider to verify your identity, you will be likely be afforded another method of verification of your name and address, such as the opportunity to upload a scan of two approved documents, such as your driver’s license or a utility bill.
Registration Information, Transaction Information and other Personal Information that you provide may be used to:
• provide the services and customer support you request;
• process transactions on the Site;
• compare information for accuracy and share it with third parties to prevent fraud, prohibited or illegal activities;
• send you transaction-related notifications about transactions you carry out on the Site;
• If and when you purchase on an item, to provide your name, address, telephone number, email address to the seller to facilitate the transaction;
• Enforce our Term and Conditions of Use and perform our billing, administration and collections functions (and to contact you when necessary about these functions);
• report information about your account, including late payments, missed payments or other delinquencies or defaults on your accounts, to credit reporting bureaus;
• better understand your interests and for other marketing-related initiatives including customizing, personalizing, measuring, and improving our services and the content and layout of our Site and/or Mobile Applications;
• communicate with you and carry out actions requested by you (such as subscriptions to newsletters), including promotional messages and service and product updates (some of which may be related to your transactions on the Site);
• resolve disputes, collect fees and trouble-shoot problems;
• when facilitating the investigation of fraud or illegal activity, to share information with law enforcement or other governmental agencies or authorized third parties when requested pursuant to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose you, us or another Site user to legal liability;
• perform other duties as required by applicable law.
In addition, we reserve the right to disclose information as necessary in response to a compulsory request by a law enforcement agency, pursuant to law or regulation, to avoid liability, or to protect our rights or property.
Should registration be required, you will be able to review your Personal Information by logging into our Site, and in that event, you should act to update it promptly when it changes or to correct any errors in it. However, you will not be able to change your mailing address. At your request, we will close your account as soon as reasonably possible, in accordance with applicable law.
When you provide us information in connection with the Services, you agree to provide true, accurate, and complete information. You agree not to use a false or misleading name or a name that you are not authorized to use. If we, in our sole discretion, believe that any information you provide is untrue, inaccurate, incomplete, false or misleading or unauthorized, we may at our sole discretion refuse you access to the Service and pursue any appropriate legal remedies.
Please see “Communications From the Site and Your Choices” below for information on controlling communications from us.
2. Personal Financial Information.
If you were to use any services made available on the site, you would be required to provide us financial information about the U.S.-based bank account you want to use for your Lone Survivalist transactions including your bank account number, type of bank account, bank routing number, and billing address (“Personal Financial Information”). In this event, only the last 4 digits of your bank account number are visible to Lone Survivalist employees in the course of performing support and rendering the Lone Survivalist services.
When Personal Financial Information is obtained, this Personal Financial Information is used to facilitate transactions you carry out on the Site and to collect on fees and debts incurred through your use of the Site. If your account is past due and collection must be pursued, your contact and financial information may be shared with collection agents and/or credit reporting agencies. We would share Personal Financial Information with non-affiliated third parties to facilitate the completion of transactions on the Site as specified above, to respond to subpoenas, for other legal compliance purposes, and for billing and collections.
3. Information Requests.
We may ask you to provide Personal Information in order to allow us to respond to your requests for information or other requests made over the Site.
4. Communications from Lone Survivalist.
Most messages, notifications and communications generated by the Site result directly from the user’s actions (such as purchases of goods offered on the site, account Registration Information, confirmation of a transaction, or the user’s choice to subscribe to certain communications), or as necessary to inform you of changes to the Site or events related to the Site, or changes to the Site rules or policies.
Other messages from Lone Survivalist may result from marketing initiatives on the Site; however, users may opt-out of receiving marketing messages; see the section below entitled “Communications from the Site and Your Choices.” Communications from our Site may contain web beacons or “clear.gif” images. These are small, usually transparent graphic images that can be used for recording when a message has been opened in order to track the performance of marketing campaigns. We and our third- party service providers currently log responses using web beacons, but this information is not stored or linked to your Personal Information in our systems.
5. Non-personal information. We automatically collect your IP address when you visit our Site or use our service. We use your IP address to verify your identity, prevent fraud and restrict your use of our service in some geographic areas such as outside the United States. We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Site. Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic information, and to track usage patterns in the Site. We also may collect geo-location information, device identification number, statistics about page views and standard web log information. We do not correlate this information with data about individual users (though our third-party website analytics service providers may – see below under “Website Analytics” for your choices in this regard).
You can decide if and how your device will accept cookies by configuring your preferences option within your web browser. To disable this function in your web browser, choose the “help” menu and follow the instructions for deleting cookies and preventing your browser from downloading additional cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, you can still browse our Site, but you may be unable to use the Site as a buyer, or otherwise to access certain aspects of the services available on the Site. We do not store personal or confidential information in cookies (although our third- party Website Analytics provider may do so. )
7. General Uses. specifically described on the Site at the time of collection. We may also use your Personal Information internally to customize your experience with our company and our Site (for example, adapting the Site to your browser), to help us develop new products and services, to verify your identity, to collect debts or fees owed to us, or to investigate or settle inquiries or disputes, and for other legally required or permissible purposes.
9. Mobile Devices.
Currently, we do not operate through mobile aps. In the future, were we to do so, in addition to the information described above, we and our third-party service providers might collect additional information when you utilize any of our mobile applications, including the temporary or persistent unique device identifiers (sometimes called UDID), the IP address of your mobile device and information about the way you use our mobile applications.
II. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
In the event we were in the future to collect Personal Financial information from you, we would not share your Personal Financial Information with any other third parties including sellers, buyers, other recipients of funds, or third-party websites or mobile apps hosting purchase/sale transactions or other transfers. In that event in the future— and in the event that you purchase goods on the site now—the only information that would be shared in a transaction using our services would be that a transaction occurred in a specified amount of US Dollars (“Purchase Data”). That Purchase Data is shared with the involved parties to the transaction and the hosting website or mobile application as part of the Site’s operation, but please note that users of the Site are able to fill in information that they choose in a blank “description” field provided on the Site, so other users may input other data into this custom field. If you contact Lone Survivalist customer support regarding a transaction, the helpdesk will have access to all your account and transaction information and possibly your location if you disclose that to them.
We hire contractors to provide certain services on our behalf, including fulfilment services, payment processing, trend and statistical analysis, marketing campaigns, information processing and storage, and development of new products and services. As part of their services to us, these contractors may have access to some or all of the data that we maintain, including transaction data and your Personal Information, but they are always required to maintain the confidentiality of information they receive from us and are restricted from using the information for any purposes other than those authorized by us.
We do not share your Personal Information with any third parties for those third parties’ marketing purposes, unless you have opted into such sharing.
III. COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE SITE AND YOUR CHOICES
1. Email and Text Messages from Us.
The Site and Lone Survivalist and its Affiliates send two types of communications: (1) email and/or text message notifications related to transactions on the Site, and (2) promotional email and/or text messages, which may include newsletters or other subscription-based communications, follow-on messages with respect to your activity on the Site, or other marketing from us about our products and services. Please see the descriptions below with respect to your choices for each.
(1) Transactions on the Site. Email and/or text messages related to activity on the Site are generated as a result of conducting a transaction on or through the site, registering as a user of the Site in the event registration is required, and for conducting transactions. These notifications can include transaction notifications, billing messages, and other notifications related to activity on the Site. You cannot opt out of receiving email notifications related to transaction activity on the Site. You also cannot opt out of receiving messages by email and/or text as part of our two-factor authentication process. When and if registration is required, it is likely that every time you log-in using a mobile phone, you will be required to complete our two-factor authentication process, which includes email and text messages. You will not receive any other types of text message notifications from us.
We may also send you certain notices, such as notices of a substantial change in the policies and/or operation of the Site. These notices are sent infrequently and cannot be opted out of other than by closing your account with us.
(2) Promotional Email: Lone Survivalist may send a variety of promotional email messages, but you are free to opt out of these at any time. Some promotional email messages relate to newsletters or other subscription-based items.
You may also control receiving promotional emails at any time by logging into My Lone Survivalist Account and visiting the Preferences page to update your choices. You may also click here and follow the instructions on the subsequent pages to opt out of promotional email or text messages, or follow the instructions provided in the promotional message.
(3) Promotional Text Messages: Lone Survivalist may send you promotional or informational messages by text. To use this service you must provide your cell phone number. We will not share or use your mobile number for any other purpose.
If you would also like to receive these notifications from us by text message, you may opt-in to receiving text messages by logging into My Lone Survivalist Account and visiting the Preferences page to update your choices to opt-in to receiving promotional text messages from us.
2. Cookies and Third-Party Tracking. As noted above under “Website Analytics” we contract with a third-party service provider who provides us information on the use of the Sites by visitors. As described in that section, you may visit certain designated Web sites in order to opt out of tracking of your activities on the Sites and other Web sites. Notwithstanding any other provision, we may engage a data provider who may collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content through web, mobile or other media channels.
These cookies contain no personally identifiable information. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address, that we may share with a data provider solely in hashed, non-human readable form. To opt-out of these data provider cookies, please
We may work with online advertising vendors to provide you with relevant and useful advertisements, including ad content displayed in our email messages to you. These advertisements may be based on information collected by us or by third parties, including information about your activities on our Site or on third-party websites. You may opt out of personalization of these messages by visiting the opt-out sites referenced in the paragraph above.
IV. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Site is not intended for or directed to persons less than 18 years of age. The Lone Survivalist Mobile Applications, if any are developed in the future, will not intended for or directed to persons less than 18 years of age. We do not now and will not knowingly in the future solicit or collect personal information from or about persons under 18, and we do not knowingly market or sell products or services to persons under 18. If you are under 18 years of age, do not use the Site or the Lone Survivalist Mobile Applications.
Similarly, of course, the Site is not intended for or directed to persons less than 13 years of age. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from or about children under the age of 13 without first providing direct notice to a parent or guardian and obtaining verifiable consent of such parent or guardian.